Sunday, March 1, 2009

Barking Mad

Not me! The blog, i am barking mad! She's having a wee bit of a contest. The winner receives a giftcard to Target worth $250. I could do a little something with that, yes, I could. All I have to do is post 5-10 of my favorite blog posts. Yup, I can do that, too. I have a few more favorites, but this is enough, dontcha think? So, here goes.

You know, as I look over all of these, there seems to be a somber theme, but it's not, really. It's been a tough year, but it has also been filled with so many blessings. Everything I'm writing is really a celebration. It has been an honor and a privilege to have been touched the way these stories have touched me.

Crown Wretch - written after a trip to Maine last summer. The morning I started the drive home, my sister-in-law and friend learned of her nephew's death in a middle-of-the-night car accident. This happened after two years of one tragedy in her family after another.

Seeing Ghosts At IHOP - since December 27, 2007, I've lost my mother, my father, my mother-in-law and my older sister. It's been a year.

My Little Mum - posted on the anniversary of my little mum's death.

It's Not an 18 year Commitment, It's Forever - written after a horrible early morning phone call.

Knowing God - written in response to a question from Cafe Chat.

A History, A Mystery - a two-part posting of the grant proposal for educators I submitted before I realized my father would not be able to accompany me on a trip to Germany I'd long dreamed of taking him on. I received the grant. My father died while I was on the trip.

Doors, Rainbows and White Crosses
- a post about solving the mystery I sought in Germany and the morning my father died.

No comments: